Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"My Sassy Girl" Review

My Sassy Girl was an adorable movie, even if it was a bit long. I think a few scenes could have been cut, and the same point would have been made.

Gwun-woo’s character seemed to be kind of a push over, but I do not think Ji-hyun Jun would have dated someone who was not like that. I got the impression that she liked to be in control of things. (Sarcasm!) It was a very humorous movie also. Ji-hyun Jun’s personality is one that I want to encounter at some point in my life, if only for a minute or two. I really liked how quirky and outspoken she was. I loved the way she and Gwun-woo met when she was completely trashed on the subway. Gwun-woo’s quirky-ness complimented hers exactly.

One of my favorite scenes was when they put on their old high school uniforms and went out drinking and clubbing. I also really liked the scene with his birthday surprise in the park. I thought the difference between what he envisioned and what actually happened with the army was hilarious. The speech she gave the soldier at the end of the situation was cheesy though.

I really liked how Gwun-woo decided that in his and Ji-hyun’s separation period he would try to get better at all the activities that they used to do together.

The ending, for some reason, did not give me a sense of resolve. Perhaps it was because they never kissed throughout the entire movie.

1 comment:

Manuel said...

I like open endings. It's interesting when the film leaves things unresolved ... just like life. However, I think that in a way, "My Sassy Girl" does have some sense of closure.