Monday, April 14, 2008

I can be your "Hero" baby!

I freaking loved Hero. I am a major fan of kung fu movies. Especially ones that have Ziyi Zhang and/or Jet Li in them.

The action sequences were choreographed so well. Obviously they used wires during some of the fight scenes, but that just gave the film an even more ethereal feel. I loved the use of fabrics and wind to lend to the fluid aspect of the movie. I also liked how every time a different version of the story was told, the characters wore a different color scheme in their clothes. And the color contrasts of the clothes and the surroundings were gorgeous and really lended to the atmosphere of the film. I also liked the camera’s use of slow motion.

The story itself was interesting. After every tale, either the king or Nameless, contradicted the other and said, “I know that’s not true, and this is why.” I felt like I was on the edge of my seat because I wanted to know which story was actually true. I thought it was interesting that when the king told Nameless that he knew he was lying and asked him why he was trying to kill him, Nameless actually answered him straight out. Then, the king was understanding about it. He kind said “Oh yes, I see. That makes sense that you would feel that way.”

As I said before, I really liked the movie. I’m glad this movie was chosen instead of Fearless, because I have already seen it. I realize that I could have gone out and rented Hero myself, but this was more convenient.

No comments: